Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Barcelona-Day Three

Today was a good day. We didn't have anything to do other than a tour of the British School of Barcelona at 11:00 am. The girls are still showing signs of fatigue, but today was much better. Alexis really liked the school. She would be in year 5 next year (equivalent of US grade 4) and Kaylee would be in year 2 (equivalent of US grade 1). I think both girls would do really well there. They seem to really have a great appreciation for the arts, especially music and drama which I think with all the pretending my girls do is a great fit. Please pray that there are spots for the girls in this school. It is the closest to our home here!

After the tour, we came home and just played. I put some furniture together and the girls relaxed on the couch and I think Ryan did some work. It was an absolutely blustery day! There were white caps on the sea as far as you could see;0) And the sun was shining so the Med. was just beautiful! We all enjoyed a light lunch of smoked salmon and gouda cheese. Later on in the afternoon, we decided to take a walk to the beach. I even dipped my toes in the water this time and Brrrr! was it ever chilly!! But the sand felt really nice and warm on my bare feet. And once again, the sunshine was such a spirit lifter! Alexis and I both noted the "sea smell" when we were close enough to the water. It is one of my favorite scents! The girls played on our playground for quite a long time after we came back from our walk to the beach. I think they played up until it was time to make dinner.

For dinner we had calamari and broccoli. The girls both really liked that! We are definitely eating a lot of seafood! After dinner Alexis and Ryan went to run some errands while Kaylee and I stayed home and played some Uno. She beat me at almost every game and she had such a great time. We were saying the numbers and colors in espanol. I think she really enjoyed that:) When Ryan and Alexis got home, we had some ice cream and then it was time for the girls to go to bed. I'd say we had a very good day!

2 comments:

V.A.L. said...

I heard you "skyped" with Mom and Maggie, too!

SuperSillyAunt said...

Si! Maggie was hilarious!!