After many, MANY years of trying to convince this girl that she CAN ride her bike without training wheels, she finally convinced HERSELF that she could do it. How did that happen, you ask??? She was trying to teach our neighbor how to ride his bike without training wheels and in showing him what to do, actually rode his bike on her own! So after that, Ryan aired up the tires in her old bike (it's smaller than her newer one) and she has been riding it ever since. Yesterday, the four of us did two laps around our neighborhood. Alexis on her bike without training wheels; Kaylee following close behind on her tiny bike with training wheels; Ryan and I strolling merrily along on our feet lagging far behind. We did more than just the two laps. We ventured to parts of our neighborhood to which we rarely go. We were out so long, that Kaylee's skin around her nose and mouth turned bright white...I gave her a piggy back ride home and Ryan carried her bike home for her. It was a very fun Sunday afternoon. The girls are making lots of friends in the neighborhood and Alexis actually ate dinner at a friends house instead of eating with the rest of us.
We're finally going to take the girls to Disney World! We were going to try to go during fall break, but the airfare was twice as expensive. So we're going to take Alexis out of school for a couple of days instead. We're going to be staying in Coronado Springs and doing Magic Kingdom for one day. We'll only be there for three nights but I think that's plenty for the first time out. The girls are really excited about both Disney and flying. We also hope to be able to visit with Grandma and Grandpa Chambers while we are down there. They live really close to Orlando....and we miss them!!
Kaylee starts school next WEEK!!! It's her final year of Nursery School. Ryan and I were talking this weekend about re-evaluating our decision to keep her out of Kindergarten this year. She is such a smart cookie...she's gotten through all of those BOB books and is reading them with no assistance now. So, we're going to see how things go this school year and if we think we need to, we're going to set up a meeting with Mr. Springer...Sycamore's principal, just to discuss Kaylee and get his advice. That being said, I really think we will continue as planned and put her in Kindergarten next year with all her friends. I just may have to do a little extra with her in Kindergarten and first grade to keep pushing her little brain to its potential. I think once she's in the higher abilities program, she'll be good to go on her own. But I want to keep looking ahead so she can be the best she can be:o)
I'm not ready for our nice hot weather to be over. And I'm definitely not ready for the pool to be closed after next weekend! Boooo! Ryan's only going to be home one week in September. The girls and I will have a house full of girls all month! Hopefully we can adjust back to having a boy around in October, hee hee! Well, I better go do something productive....
1 comment:
Yay Alexis!!!
Post a Comment