Sunday, March 22, 2009

The soffit

Here is the progress on our basement this weekend:









It is a room now. All we have left to do framing wise is finish the soffits. So we're close to making our goal of being ready to wire by spring break.
Ryan bought the girls new bikes this weekend. Kaylee likes to do laps around the block...we have a nice little circle path through the neighborhood where the girls will not have to cross any streets at all. Kaylee can stay on the sidewalk the whole way. She and I have done three laps today! Alexis got a big bike. It's really cool though because it has the stunt pegs on the front and back tires. She's still learning to ride. She made it for 5 seconds without Ryan even touching her this afternoon. She could have gone longer, but she got scared and asked him to grab her again. She fell and scraped her elbow and knee yesterday...and thank goodness she was wearing her helmet because the front of it was scraped up too. I'm so happy the nice weather seems to be sticking around! I'm so done with winter!

No comments: